Narva & The Eastern Bloc
A day in Tallinn cannot be compared to a day in Narva. To be honest, nothing can be compared to the Eastern side of Estonia.
A day hunting hammers and sickles is time well spent. The tour takes you from beautiful medieval castles and coastal cliffs to ash-hills, half empty industrial ghost towns and the most bizarre Soviet themed museum in Estonia.
It doesn’t matter if Soviet history is something you’re familiar with. It’s fun either way: nostalgic block houses with indistinguishable looks or a 101 of the absurdist tragicomedy known as "Reminiscences of the Soviet Union". The Eastern side of Estonia is for adventurers.
And yes, there will be a tank and a statue of Lenin!
All our day trips are in small groups (up to 8 people) taken around in a minivan or a car.
NB! All our regular tours are in ENGLISH. Private tours are available in different languages
On the tour we cover:
- Climb around the stunning ruins of Toolse fortress
- Discover the soviet industrial town & ash hills of Kohtla-Järve
- Enjoy amazing Stalinist architecture in Sillamäe
- Roam around the ghost town of Viivikonna
- Explore the Narva castle on the Russian border
- See the 19th century Kreenholm factory complex
- Visit an original Soviet T-34 tank
- Lunch at a local tavern (not included)
- Blue Hills (optional)
- Kiviõli ash hills (optional)
- Narva-Jõesuu czarist beach resort (optional)
- Kunda Hydro plant ruins (optional)
- *Optional stops depend on season and availability
Prices for private tours:
This tour is also available as a private tour. Private tours can be booked only for your group and for your requested time.
- 1 person: €299/per person
- 2 persons: €149/per person
- 3 persons: €99/per person
- 4 persons: €75/per person
- 5 persons: €65/per person
Day trips depart from the Tallinn Tourist Info Center on the corner of Harju and Niguliste street.
Phone: +372 5837 4800.
Reviews - Narva & The Eastern Bloc / Day Trips
Check out other tours
- Best of Tallinn 5h Car & Walking Tour
- Lahemaa National Park
- Kummitustuur Tallinna vanalinnas
- Coastal Cliffs & Soviet Paldiski
- Lõbus päev Käsmus ja Lahemaal
- Best of Tallinn 4h Bike & Walking Tour
- Tallinn Walking Tour (Old Town)
- Maaliline militaarpäev Loode-Eestis
- Western Coast & Haapsalu
- Best of Tallinn 3h Walking Tour
- Haapsalu ja Läänerannik
- Tallinn Ghost Tour
- Welcome to Tallinn Bike Tour
- Nature Tour: 6 Lakes Hiking Track in Kõrvemaa
- Lahemaa National Park + Tallinn Old Town Tour
- South-Estonian Countryside
- Tallinn-Riga Sightseeing Tour Bus
- Funky Bike Tour to Kalamaja
- Custom Tour
- Beautiful Bike Tour to Kadriorg & Pirita
- Magical Day at Hiiumaa Island
- Day Trip to Tartu & Romantic Viljandi
- Husky Dog Sledding & Visit to Husky Farm
- Tallinn Pubcrawl
- Tallinn Free Tour